Sim City 4 Crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFX, Apr 4, 2005.

1. GFX macrumors newbie

Apr 4, 2005
    I have had Sim City 4 for a while now but just recently had this problem...

Whenever I try to save the game after useing the Volcano disaster, it crashes. I do not know if it will crash with the other disasters however I know it does not crash after useing the Fire disaster.

Anyone have any ideas to why this happens? Thanks in advance!
  2. AnewMac macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2004
    The Northern Plains of OK!
    I own SimCity 4 as well, and the game crashes frequently. Not nice crashes but complete system freezes, the only way out is a hard restart. Downloading the patch fixed a few problems, but it still crashes often. Sorry, I can offer no help, just thought I would say your not the only one.
  3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    I think just about everyone has problems running this game. I guess it was just a bad port.
  4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

May 3, 2004
    Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
  5. GFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 4, 2005
    yes i have, also, I just got an iMac G5 so i just re-installed i really dont understand why it does this because it didn't used to, and it can't be because of the patch becuase it did it before i got the patch as well. :\
  6. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    The game is horribly buggy, I remember having the pc version, with the expansion and I tried everything to get it to work properly, I had graphical corruption, resets, and total freezes. I was soo angry that it wouldn't work well on my high end (at the time) gaming pc. I guess I shouldn't buy the mac version after all..
  7. GFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 4, 2005
    Ok, i tryed saving after useing all the different disasters and it only crashes after doing the volcano. Oh well, its esay to avoid, I just wont use the volcano disaster. This is the only bug i've encountered. I was extreamly happy to see that the patch fixed the nightbug glitch.

Oh, it did crash on me when I tried loading a somewhat large city of about 230,000. I zoomed to 5 and was tryin to move around and it crapped out on me.

One more thing...

I have an iMac G5 1.8Ghz, nVidia GeForce FX 5200 with 64mb it should run Rush Hour okay, right? I just ordered it.
  8. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Should be fine. I've obviously been lucky since I've never had a problem with SC4 crashing my 1.25 PB although I do have 1.25 GB of RAM to go along with it. Rush Hour actually seemed to improve the performance though. I used to get 'white' squares instead of buildings occasionally when I had a large city - after Rush Hour, the graphics seem better