Sim City 4 Crashing

Discussion in 'Games' started by GFX, Apr 4, 2005.

1. GFX macrumors newbie

I have had Sim City 4 for a while now but just recently had this problem...

Whenever I try to save the game after useing the Volcano disaster, it crashes. I do not know if it will crash with the other disasters however I know it does not crash after useing the Fire disaster.

Anyone have any ideas to why this happens? Thanks in advance!

2. AnewMac macrumors regular

I own SimCity 4 as well, and the game crashes frequently. Not nice crashes but complete system freezes, the only way out is a hard restart. Downloading the patch fixed a few problems, but it still crashes often. Sorry, I can offer no help, just thought I would say your not the only one.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I think just about everyone has problems running this game. I guess it was just a bad port.

4. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

5. GFX thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have, also, I just got an iMac G5 so i just re-installed it...so i really dont understand why it does this because it didn't used to, and it can't be because of the patch becuase it did it before i got the patch as well. :\

6. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

The game is horribly buggy, I remember having the pc version, with the expansion and I tried everything to get it to work properly, I had graphical corruption, resets, and total freezes. I was soo angry that it wouldn't work well on my high end (at the time) gaming pc. I guess I shouldn't buy the mac version after all..

7. GFX thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, i tryed saving after useing all the different disasters and it only crashes after doing the volcano. Oh well, its esay to avoid, I just wont use the volcano disaster. This is the only bug i've encountered. I was extreamly happy to see that the patch fixed the nightbug glitch.

Oh, it did crash on me when I tried loading a somewhat large city of about 230,000. I zoomed to 5 and was tryin to move around and it crapped out on me.

One more thing...

I have an iMac G5 1.8Ghz, nVidia GeForce FX 5200 with 64mb VRAM...so it should run Rush Hour okay, right? I just ordered it.

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Should be fine. I've obviously been lucky since I've never had a problem with SC4 crashing my 1.25 PB although I do have 1.25 GB of RAM to go along with it. Rush Hour actually seemed to improve the performance though. I used to get 'white' squares instead of buildings occasionally when I had a large city - after Rush Hour, the graphics seem better