Sim City 4 Issues...

Discussion in 'Games' started by jmsait19, Sep 3, 2004.

1. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

I checked a past thread and from the looks of it my computer should run it fine. Except that I have it and I have definite scrolling issues. Its like the screen doesn't refresh and all so its choppy and fairly unplayable at that point. I'm running a 15" Al Powerbook 1GHZ 64 meg video card 512meg ram. Why isn't this game running properly? I would imagine that the hardware is suffice. But I could be wrong.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I can run it fine on both of my machines (see sig.) Have you checked to see if there is a patch out for it? Also, if possible, you might want to turn down the detail on it some to see if that helps. That computer should run it better than my powerbook for sure and probably better than my desktop as well, so I don't think the hardware is the problem, unless something is broken. But if there is no patch for it and the details are at an acceptably low level, then I have no ideas.

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

how's that working out on the 1.6" screen? i imagine the ipod's 2 incher is better but still kinda tiny especially with all the detail in sim city

4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

very funny, very funny :p

5. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I had the exact same problem. After a while, it gets unplayable. I found a patch, although I forgot where. Check with EA, Maxis and versiontracker. Once you install the patch, though, it's all good.

6. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

but seriously, mine plays like that on pc with much worse specs than ur albook. i just turned off waves and clouds and it plays acceptably. but the game still cant beat sim city 3000

7. jmsait19 thread starter macrumors 6502

awesome. thanks i will search for the patch of joy.