SIM CITY 4 TROUBLES

Discussion in 'Games' started by lahamus@mac.com, Sep 24, 2005.

1. lahamus@mac.com macrumors newbie

Hi all, HELP!

I just bought sim city 4 and have been having troubles installing it. When I go to launch it tells me to install the installation cd and then goes about installing itself all over again. Anyone had similar troubles and what should I do? thx :p :eek:

2. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Please list your Mac specs and what OS you have.

3. lahamus@mac.com thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a mac mini, 1.42 Ghz, 512 ram, certainly within their specs. I have also loaded it onto my powerbook G4 and had the same result. On my powerbook it allows me to play for a few minutes if I reinsert the 2nd installation cd.

4. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Just to provide some info, i had a friend run his 1.67 G4 with SimCity and he said the thing became so sluggish it was barely useable. From what I understand Maxis or EA or whoever developed it did not do a very extensive job of turning the PC version to OSX.

Good luck though I hope you get it working properly!

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Yes, SC4 is crap even on a G5. If the disc isn't working in two computers, it's obviously the disc itself... try gently wiping it with a non-abrasive cloth, otherwise get an exchange for damaged/defective media.

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

If you do get it to install make sure you download the patch for it, there is patch the fixes graphics problems on ATI based macs. Its a very important patch!

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Just out of intrest.

Sim City 2000 on the Amiga.

If you ran a Mac emulator on your expanded Amiga (and this was 10 years ago, i had a 25Mhz 040 and a Hard Drive) and then ran the Mac version of Sim City 2000 it would run faster than the native Amiga version.

:confused:

So nothing much has changed since then!

8. alien_ware macrumors newbie

Accually my copy on my ibook g3 1ghz 256 ram 40gig it ran perfect except loading things like zoming in or loading a map

9. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

SimCity 4 for Mac is a piece of technological crap. I played it on a G5 1.6GHz with 1.5 GB RAM and a Radeon 9800 SE.

Even after the patches, the game stuttered and slowed to a crawl.

What a miserable piece of junk.

10. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Heck, I thought that the game lagged on my former PeeCee (3.06GHz [oc to 3.3GHz] P4, 1GB RAM, 6600GT w/ 128MB). The game loved to crash frequently.

Have not tried it on my Mac yet.

11. galstaph macrumors 6502a

galstaph

I know it lags on my pc, not to mention the times when the map turns to a negative :eek:
    Haven't tried it on mac yet, but from what you guys are saying maybe it'll work with VPC better than the mac version?