Sim Farm

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by kujayhawk, Sep 21, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

So, as the title implies, I am really wanting to play the old Sim Farm game (I think it was OS 9, maybe earlier). Does anyone have any idea where to find/buy it? I saw on one thread something about the underdogs, but that site doesn't exist anymore, so if anyone can help I would be very happy.

Thank you!

P.S. I think I would settle my nostalgic urge with Sim Tower if that would be easier

2. macrumors P6

Peace

If the game was for OS 9 it's gonna be hard to play it on an Intel Mac.

3. macrumors 603

Quick ebay search reveals several copies, including one for $5, but it's the floppy version.

I doubt it will run in Sheepshaver (OS 9 emulation) so your best bet is to run it in a XP VM via Parallels, or Bootcamp.

SimTower should be easier--it's coming to the iPad (and hopefully) the iPhone.

Edit: Found it at bestoldgames.net, and it'll run in DOSBox. You can find DosBoxes for OS X, but I've not tried these so I couldn't tell you how well they worked. Worth a shot, though.

Edit again: I was curious, so I tried it myself. Works great. Installing it is really, really, easy, you literally just drag and drop.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 6502a