Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
recently i downloaded both of these items and growl has been working really well land is a fun addition, I do wish it had some more features though, but that's beside the point. recently i have been running into a lot of problems and i do not know if it is because of growl of simbl or what, but it's really annoying. My shift, command, control, and function keys have all become sticky (computer sticky, not goo) and growl is the item that keeps showing this to me, which is helpful since I can identify when i am typing in caps, but i don't know that growl is the cause. Does anyone know of similar problems related to growl or simbl and how to resolve them. (mad jews away so someone else will need to tell me to repair permissions, which I already have done 2 times). Additionally, I have been noticing the expose actions have been slowing down and stuttering considerably. I have a Powerbook G4.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
woops forgot to post the screenshot

here you go. this is an example of the keys becoming sticky

Attachments

• growl.jpg
    growl.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 119

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Sounds like you have turned on Sticky Keys in Universal Access. Open System Preferences, open the Universal Access module and go to the Keyboard tab. You can turn off sticky keys there.

Aniej

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 17, 2006
you know what's weird I completely disabled that and had it all off and somehow it was on. I thought of the sticky keys like you suggested but then said no it is something else, it can't be.... but it was so thank you a ton for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.