Simcity 4 NO CD Patch doesn't work

Discussion in 'Games' started by whiteX, Dec 11, 2005.

1. whiteX macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2005

I used a NO CD Patch for playing Sim City and hearing CD's at the same time, but when I installed Aspyr Patch it stopped working...Anyone knows how to fix this?
  2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

Jul 7, 2005
    just buy the real thing
    or burn it to a cd that will work too
  3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Mar 23, 2005
    It sounds like they do own SimCity 4. It's just that the no CD patch doesn't work anymore. Then again...if you have iTunes why are your listening to a CD?
  4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Hmm...I've got Sim City 4, and I just ripped an image of the CD with Disk Utility, and mount that when I want to play without inserting the CD. Works fine, no patch necessary. Of course, it kind of wastes hard drive space...
  5. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Cool, I did not know that you could do that. Guess that I will have to try that for some of my games. Thanks for the nifty tip mduser63! :) :) :)
  6. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    The No CD patch the original poster is talking about is the illegal kind that modifies the original software.

Do not post questions relating to that in this forum. Thanks.

Just make a disk image, or rip your music to iTunes and use the retail disc.
  7. whiteX thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2005
    I'm sorry but I own the original SimCity, and I use this because I don't think I have the obligation to rip every single CD I want to hear, because my CD Library is quite...big. And so, riping it all into my HD would be...stupid.
    The same thing happens with Sims 2, but O.K., I understand your position, but honestly, I don't give a f**k to this legal issues. If someone asks me for the original one, I'm glad to show it.
    I'll try to mount the disk image, thanks.
  8. whiteX thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 11, 2005
    Just another thing: I Installed this Patch to fix graphical problems with my video card. Before they released the patch, they propposed a solution that was just adding some kind of code related to the Video Card not supported in a text file (this: "0x4c66 "Radeon 9000 Pro"). This would fix the problem with the video card; but I have an ATI Radeon 9550. Is it possible to do the same thing but with my video card?
  9. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    Well, No CD cracks are illegal in many areas (I know for a fact that they are illegal in the US). This forum stays away from all issues that are illegal. Whether or not you give a #@%& is of no concern to macrumors. Sorry to sound rude, but I thought I'd explain it a little further.