Simcity 4 Shipping

Discussion in 'Games' started by Foxer, Jul 1, 2003.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

For those that care, the Aspyre.com site updated SimCity 4's status today to "Shipping." May it finally turn-up at an Apple Store near me in the next week or so.:D

2. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

It's been shipping since June 27th and still a no show at Apple. I can't believe Apple wouldn't have this game on time. With the lack of games available you'd think they'd want it as soon as possible. I suppose I could order it direct from Aspyr and get it faster. :(

Anyone else seen it at the Apple store before I drive all the way out to try to buy something that doesn't exist?

3. altivec 2003 macrumors regular

Re: Simcity 4 Shipping

Its about time! I watched their estimated ship date move from May to June and now, i guess, finally to July. Oh well, I cant run it anyway cause my video card really sux. Actually I might be able to run it but it would be really jerky. Stupid Rage 128 pro.....

4. altivec 2003 macrumors regular

Wow..... June 27.... freaky..... that was my birthday.... Maybe it is a sign! I should go and buy it and maybe I will be happy!

5. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Anyone seen if it's at the Apple retail stores yet? Or do I have to buy it from Amazon?

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

anyone gotten it at all? from anywhere?

i put off buying it hoping maybe it'd come to compusa or something... which at an hour.5 away is still the closest store that might have it... unless a best buy would, but i doubt it

i don't want to have to pay shipping... hmm

7. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Apple retail still does not have it. So I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon.com.... waiting....

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

9. the_ron macrumors newbie

I got mine from Comp USA today. I couldn't find it in the mac section, so I looked over in the PC section. It was there mixed in with the Windows copies.

10. Foxer thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxer

I found one copy Saturday night at CompUSA. Went back to gt it on Sunday and it was gone, so I also foudn the PC editions and found a single Mac copy mixed in.

Unfortunately, I'm hooked on Tropico Mucho Macho lately and can't move on to something else.

11. cgmpowers macrumors regular

From the weekend...

I checked the Saint Louis Apple Store and they didn't have it this weekend.

However, the Apple Employee afixed to the CompUSA nearby said he had 4 or 5 and sold the last one..moments before I had arrived.

I didn't call the Saint Louis Apple Store on Monday to see if they had gotten them yet..I figured I bothered them enough this past week..

I work in the same mall and will check before work today.

12. Foxer thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxer

Anybody play this yet? Impressions?

I got mine sunday but I never have time during the week to play games. Spending this weekend at the sensory deprivation cabin, so I should gt pleanty of time to build away.

13. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

It is quite difficult for the impatient. So nothing has changed there ;-)

I like it. I played the original and SimCity 2K, but skipped 3k. I am hoping that their are arcologies in this one also.

14. Chealion macrumors regular

Woo hoo! I've been waiting a while for this game :)

15. shakespeare macrumors 6502

I've got a question:

Is there a place online to download developed cities and regions? I'd like to see what a big, functional city looks like, but I can't find any examples online. Does anyone know where this is?