SimCity 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by sten76, Jan 18, 2005.

1. sten76 macrumors newbie

I can't seem to get the cheat dialog box to come up. I have tried the crtl x and it's not working, plus I tried ctrl, shift, alt x and that didn't work either.

Help????

Mark

2. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

3. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

The real one

You have to be in God mode, and it is either CMD-x or CTRL-x. I Can't remember.

BTW, anyone who would like to purchase SimCity 4, please look at my store. I don't play it anymore, but anyways, it's $26.99 or so.

A link to my store is in my signature.

4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Ctrl +x works for me. I always use it when the game is paused. You don't have to be in God mode to use it. You can use it anytime during the game, just try pausing then Ctrl+x. Should work.

5. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

If you are trying to use the cheat to get extra funds, I suggest using a money making lot instead. I tried the cheat at first and it gives you very little money for the mildly annoying task of typing in the cheat. I know of at least one lot that gives you around 4.5 billion simoleons at the end of the month. Remember, though if you use a lot like this, bulldoze it after you get the money, otherwise it will keep adding money until the game crashes.

6. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I don't understand

I don't want to sound stupid but can this be explained in more detail. I am not sure I remotely understand as written.

7. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I was saying to download a custom lot that gives money when the game's budget turns over at the end of the month. Once you download the lot off the internet, you place it in the plugins folder and then (in game) you will find it, most likely in the parks menu. Select it, plop it, and get the money. After getting the money, bulldoze the lot.

Lots such as this can be downloaded from websites such as www.simtropolis.com .