SimCity 5 May Have Better AI

Discussion in 'Games' started by pimentoLoaf, Jul 11, 2005.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

2. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Yay computers that think its the beggining of the end :rolleyes:

3. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

better ai? more advanced features? im all for progress and improvement and such but sim city 4 was simply too much. 3k unlimited imho was the best sim city yet because it struck the right balance of simplicity, ease of use, awesome features, and eye candy. god im making it sound like an apple product...

4. altair macrumors regular

Sounds like we will need some sort of distributed computing grid to run the thing, think seti@home minds if i use their resources to run my megalopolis?

5. benpatient macrumors 68000

funny, i loved SC2000 but not 3000. The thing is, i think SC4 is better than SC2000 and almost as good in a "pure" sense as SC1.

It's all in how you approach the game. most people like to do the things that you could do in SC3000 and honestly, at the start of the game, you can't get 100,000 people in a town with no neighbor towns. it just won't happen. If you take your time, you progress through the different phases of the game quite naturally, and a town with 3000 people can be as much fun as a city with half a million. It's two different games, though.

A lot of people were put off by SC4 being so pretty. If you have a machine that can handle it, then there's almost no reason to play SC3000 if you have SC4...

that's how I feel about it, anyway.