Similar to the Calculator sticky, iTunes widget color refresh

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 840quadra, Sep 21, 2006.

1. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

I use the iTunes widget quite a bit. I actually have it up on all systems all the time.

I have attached some of the image files to change the iTunes widget screen from Green to a shade of blue.

How to install the updated color styles
    First close the iTunes widget if you have it open. After that, on Tiger, use spotlight and locate your iTunes widget, or if you know it's location browse to it yourself.​

Before you edit your itunes Widget, make a copy of it, and store it in a safe location, on or off your system. Take the following actions at your own risk. No warranties are expressed or implied by taking the following actions.

After you made your backup copy (or not) right click (or Control click) on the iTunes widget icon, and click on show package contents.​

Replace the image titled Default.png with the following.
    Default.png rename file to default.png

Browse to the Images folder within the iTunes package folder​

Replace the body.png file with the following.
    body.png rename file body.png

note
    If you are fine with green EQ bars, progress bars, and volume sliders stop at 6. If you want to turn the entire interface into a light shade of blue, continue with 7.

Replace the rest of the color sets with duration-knob.png, duration-slider.png, empty.png, eq.png, and filled.png.

duration-knob.png Rename duration-knob.png

duration-slider.png Rename duration-slider.png

empty.png Rename empty.png

View attachment 58153 Rename eq.png

View attachment 58154 Rename filled.png

After you are done, simply open the iTunes widget as you normally would and everything should have changed from a shade of green, to a light shade of blue. When changing volume and sliding the slider while playing a song, everything should be much better looking (if you like blue :)

2. 840quadra thread starter Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

other images..

Attached Files:

• eq.png
      eq.png
      File size:
      148 bytes
      Views:
    • filled.png
      filled.png
      File size:
      503 bytes
      Views:
  3. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I tried doing this, the modified widget will not open in dashboard, if I go back to the old one it works fine though. Any idea why?