Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
is there any program that is for the mac that is similar to WinRAR?
thats why i hate OSX when it comes to all tis stuff...i can easily find programs to use with my Windows machine but when it comes to the Mac...the programs are hell limited!

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Don't forget MacPAR -- although it's not free, and not necessary for basic RAR decoding, it handles PAR and, more importantly, PAR2 parity files, as well as archive/PAR creation and joining raw split files without reverting to the unix cat or the like. Great app if you want a little more, though I mostly use UnRARX, too.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
DarkNetworks said:
thats why i hate OSX when it comes to all tis stuff...i can easily find programs to use with my Windows machine but when it comes to the Mac...the programs are hell limited!
I think bookmarking MacUpdate or Version Tracker may help change your mind. There are tons of useful applications and utilities out there if you only spend a few minutes looking for them.

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Makosuke said:
Don't forget MacPAR -- although it's not free, and not necessary for basic RAR decoding, it handles PAR and, more importantly, PAR2 parity files, as well as archive/PAR creation and joining raw split files without reverting to the unix cat or the like. Great app if you want a little more, though I mostly use UnRARX, too.

i tried MacPAR but it's just not what i want...i dunno i downloaded it and it works on OS9 and it pretty much won't extract my RAR files...

emw said:
I think bookmarking MacUpdate or Version Tracker may help change your mind. There are tons of useful applications and utilities out there if you only spend a few minutes looking for them.

i will next time...but i got frustrated when i downloaded MacPAR and it just won't work...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.