Simple animation sequence for a home movie project

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spice weasel, Sep 14, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

Hello all. I'm editing some video I recently took while on vacation and I'm trying to create a cool title/intro sequence that includes some very simple animation (or even just drawn stills that pop on screen). When I say simple I mean stick figures that look like they're drawn in chalk on a black background.

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm editing in iMovie 09, but considering buying FCE 4. I'm just trying to decide it I should wait for a possible impending upgrade or not, but that's a separate issue. I have Adobe CS2 (with access to CS4), Keynote, and access to Flash, FCS, and possibly other tools. Software isn't the problem, knowledge of how to do what I envision is.

Any advice?

2. macrumors 6502a

ibook30

Try "Pencil" - it's free and sounds like it will do the simple animation you want!

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight.

4. macrumors 68040

acearchie

Final Cut Express simple won't help you with this problems. However if you really want to make your film good I would recommend time and time again to purchase FCE 4 as it is a great piece of software.

The sooner you start learning on it the faster youll be a pro!

Maybe wait for the new one updated with some of Final Cut Studio 3's features!