Simple animation sequence for a home movie project

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by spice weasel, Sep 14, 2009.

1. macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2003
    Hello all. I'm editing some video I recently took while on vacation and I'm trying to create a cool title/intro sequence that includes some very simple animation (or even just drawn stills that pop on screen). When I say simple I mean stick figures that look like they're drawn in chalk on a black background.

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm editing in iMovie 09, but considering buying FCE 4. I'm just trying to decide it I should wait for a possible impending upgrade or not, but that's a separate issue. I have Adobe CS2 (with access to CS4), Keynote, and access to Flash, FCS, and possibly other tools. Software isn't the problem, knowledge of how to do what I envision is.

Any advice?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 4, 2005
    2,000 light years from home
    Try "Pencil" - it's free and sounds like it will do the simple animation you want!
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Jul 25, 2003
  4. macrumors 68040

Jan 15, 2006
    Final Cut Express simple won't help you with this problems. However if you really want to make your film good I would recommend time and time again to purchase FCE 4 as it is a great piece of software.

The sooner you start learning on it the faster youll be a pro!

Maybe wait for the new one updated with some of Final Cut Studio 3's features!