Simple Audio Recording and Editing App?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tcnjdeluca, Sep 3, 2005.

1. tcnjdeluca macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2005
    I am writing a comprehensive guide for teachers who want to get their classes up and pod-casting. The guide will cover both windows and Mac operating systems. I also plan on having an advanced and simple level of difficulty option in my tutorials. I am having some trouble finding an app for OS X that will work as a simple audio recording editing program similar to Quicktime Pro or Sound Recorder in Windows XP. Since this the focus is on teachers who often cant get the money to spend on additional software, the program should be free or very low cost. The level of functionality has to be no higher the Sound Recored on XP as long as it allows recording from a mic and that two files be merged to create one. I know that Garage band can do this and much more, but I was looking for something super simple for a teacher who would be familiar with cut and paste but not audio editing. Also something hopefully less expensive the Quicktime Pro's 40.00 bucks. Thanks for any ideas.
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Also Sound Studio, which is shareware and bundled with all the white-colored Macs, and probably also with the Mac Mini.