Simple itunes importing Q...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mac_i_Am, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Mac_i_Am macrumors member

Whenever i import songs from my cd into itunes on my PB, it doesnt automatically label the song titles, album info, etc. It just says Track 1, 2, etc...

I didnt pay much attention to it until I saw my friend's dell import all the info into her itunes... and i just cant stand for that :)

So which preferences do i go under so itunes will get all the CD, track info into my book.

thanks

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Advanced menu - Get CD track names. You must have an active internet connection for this to work though.

How are you importing the music though?

3. Mac_i_Am thread starter macrumors member

From my cds...

From the pulldown menu I went under Advanced on top when itunes is running but dont anything... and also looked into iTunes > Preferences > Advanced but nothing. The closest thing i see is "Keep itunes music folder organized" in the latter option

Guide me through....

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, if you have a recent version of iTunes (4 and onwards really), you should just insert the CD and it will automatically connect to the internet and get your track names. However, if it cannot connect to the 'net, this will not happen.

Don't fret though, I'll try to help as best I can. Put the songs from a set CD into a playlist, in the order they would appear in on the actual album. Now, select them all, go to the Advanced Menu, and click on Get CD Track Names, just under Consolidate Library.

If this doesn't work, tell me this:

1. What is your operating system/version of iTunes?
    2. Are you permanently connected to the 'net?
    3. Do you have a firewall or antivirus app that could be limiting your internet connection?
    4. How exactly do you import songs? I recommend simply putting the CD in and letting iTunes take care of the rest but some people prefer to drag the songs to the hard drive and then manually import them into iTunes. :)