Simple question about iMovie App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Titus, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I just downloaded iMovie app to my iPad. When I update the iPad will it transfer my movies from my iMac so I can mirror them on my 60 inch screen connected to my apple TV?

It sounds too easy.....I must be missing something.

2. macrumors 603

Most players, incl. iMovie, can play content over AirPlay. You don't necessarily need iMovie for that. It's an editor.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I just want to know how I can get it from iMovie on my iMac to my iPad so I can take it with me and then play it through an apple tv to a home theater.

4. macrumors 603

Unlike with the "Photos" tab and Aperture, you can't directly synchronize your iMovie movies to your iDevice. Therefore, you'll need to manually drag-and-drop all your videos you create in iMovies to iTunes and, then, synrhornize them via the Movies tab. Assuming you don't want to use third-party apps for playback, that is.

5. thread starter macrumors member

I tried it and it is showing on my iMac. I dragged it into my iPad and can't find it there. I even tried re-dragging it into a playlist and it shows up on my iMac but does not sync to the iPad 3. I know it's something simple but I just can't figure it out.

6. macrumors 603

You must drag it to iTunes first and, then, select it to be synched to the iPad. You can't directly drag on the iPad.

7. thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, I finally figured it out. I have more than one iPad just got confused. Thanks for all the help.