simple question vol 2- windows on mac

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Leolizm, Jun 21, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2010
    Are their any software that can allow windows program to run on mac
  2. macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    Well if you have a PPC machine, which I assume you do, you would have to get VirtualPC to run windows
  3. macrumors 68040

Sep 17, 2009
    does work too if you already have a copy of windows xp ,and if you know how to work in the terminal , but i found it a bit sluggish to say the least but its sort of usable
    best you can go for is still virtual pc for Mac which comes with windows xp included , ok it cost money , usually here in the uk up to £60 + , but i think as its still the best option to get windows on a ppc Mac and a fully working one straight outs box without the need of terminal work
    well worth the money , ok you wont be able to play games on i guess ..but you could always try :D

just for example i did try both Q emulated the equivalent of a 60mhz processor on my 1.42mhz eMac with 2 gb ram , ok i could choose to have up to 1gb ram in Q
    virtual pc emulates a equivalent of a 600mhz processor in the same eMac , but limited in virtual pc to 512 mb ram , still its enough for most programs to work with ,i used it for my microsoft office for windows until i got microsoft office for Mac , ok games could be a challenge