Simple X to Blu Ray program like Burn?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by mikeheenan, Feb 11, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

Is there a simple program like Burn for the Mac that'll allow one to take a video file, like a 720p MKV and burn it to Blu Ray? I also have a PC tower, so any PC recommendations are welcome as well.

2. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

As well as a burning app, you'll also need an external BluRay dvd burner.

3. macrumors 6502

The only usable and simple thing I could find was Toast. Luckily, I had already bought that with a software bundle and only had to spring $20 for the BluRay-plugin, but be aware that this would cost you quite a bit of money.

Sadly, there are not many BluRay authoring programs for Mac, since there is no such drive in Macs. Adobe Encore surely does it but it only comes with the very expensive Productive Suite. You might be happier with Windows offerings here, on which I can't give recommendations.

4. macrumors 6502

Apparently, AVCHDcoder is a free Open Source tool that delivers sort of a drag-and-drop BluRay creation for free. It's only available for Windows, but you could give it a shot. It would be great if you report back here whether it's usable, for future reference.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll give this a try, thanks. As a last resort Ill try toast like another guy mentioned. What I was hoping to do is create the BR iso on the mac and then transfer the file to my external, which I can then burn on my pc in DVDfab. DVDfab is a pretty good program, but always crashes when I try to convert HD mkv's