Simple Xcode question from a beginner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TigerPRO, Nov 22, 2003.

1. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

I started out by creating a new Cocoa application project in Xcode. Then I proceeded to open the "MainMenu.nib" file in Interface Builder. After making and saving my changes, I did a build in Xcode. At this point everything has worked flawlessly.

Now when I go into my project folder, I open and test the program. Everything works. Then I take the built application and move it to another location on my hard drive (it still works). But once I move or rename the main Xcode project folder, my application stops working.

All I want to do is make an application that can run independently. Because it seems like it needs files in original directory (even after I compile). I sure I'm doing something really stupid, so if you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

2. csubear macrumors 6502a

csubear

You need to compile the app in deployment mode, when in deveploment mode there are dependcies on the Zero link stuff in the build folder.

3. TigerPRO thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank You

That's wonderful, thanks. It works now. I probably never would have figured that out on my own.