Simple yet moving.......

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by g5man, Nov 7, 2003.

1. meta-ghost macrumors regular

interesting, as i was watching i realized you could keep all the same text and replace the photos with the victims of handgun violence from coast to coast. something that effects and is more relevant in the daily lives of the average american.

2. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Yeah, g5man, you're right.

Sorta shameful that somebody thinks the malbehavior of a relatively small number of sleazoids here at home "is more relevant in the daily lives of the average american. (sic)"

'Rat

"God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them all the same size.--"Lone Wolf" Gonzaullas, Texas Ranger

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

I hope we never forget that day. The faces of the innocents who died that day should be burned into all of our memories. Those who would use the deaths of fellow Americans for partisan political purposes are among the lowest form of scum in existence. The nuts who put this together have no right to exploit the images of the thousands who died on 9/11. Nor do they have any legitimate claim to the ideas of Franklin, Adams, and Paine.

5. g5man thread starter macrumors newbie

This definitely moved you in one direction. However just note that the anger you expressed towards those who put it together is also felt by 10's of million towards those who are responsible for Sept 11 and what it did to our country.

And this my friends is why everything changed after Sept 11. National Security and our way of life have never become more important and cherished.

I am guilty of forgetting about Sept 11 from time to time, until something like this brings it back. My buddy is about to be sent to Iraq and I am also reminded of why we fight

6. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Because I find the use of the death of thousands by nuts like these for their partisan purposes, does not mean my anger toward the fanatics who perpetuated the 9/11 attacks is any less than yours or any of the tens of millions you mention. It is a sad fact that the unity of our nation, and indeed the world, in its resolve to destroy al Qaeda has been undone by the Iraqi war and the despicable use of the events of 9/11 for other agendas.

7. wwworry macrumors regular

that link is bull****. more *******s calling for more war, more blood, more innocents killed.
    Idiots think Iraq was involved in 9-11

8. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Nothing more than a Hollywood moment. The Flash animation and accompanying soundtrack are meant to incite anger and fear, not remembrance.

9. meta-ghost macrumors regular

from the CDC:
    281,904 homicides from firearms (1981-2000)
    10,801 homicides alone (2000)

where is the greatest threat today?

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Well, meta-ghost, the greater danger, today, for the average citizen, vis-a-vis homicides, is from the two-thirds or so of homiciders who don't use handguns...And, of course, the automobile. :)

Doesn't matter. As long as folks can defend themselves via handguns, the important stuff is covered. Ranger Gonzaullas was factually correct.

'Rat