Sims 1+OS X

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hey guys I just bought the sims 1 for my ibook for $10, since sims 2 wont perform very well I just said screw it and I bought 1. To my surprise it needs classic to to run, is there any way I can get it to run on OS X without classic?

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't have the game, but there's a Carbon (OS 9 and X) version listed on Aspyr's site. Presumably you just need the latest updater.

3. devman macrumors 65816

devman

check the support and update details at aspyr.com. There were two versions (branches). Version 1.x.x is Classic and Version 2.x.x is Carbon. I don't know if there is a free update to get you from 1.x.x. to 2.x.x but aspyr.com is the place to find out.

4. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I am playing it on my ibook, what do I have to press for the cheat window to pop up so i can enter a cheat?

5. efoto macrumors 68030

Haha.
    How does it run on your iBook? at what settings?

I had The Sims on my PC ages ago, but never got overly into it, but with all the recent hype I would be interested in trying it again on my PB if it would run well. Any play-feedback Patmian212?

6. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

efoto this is the sims 1 running in classic so If you get the version for osx it should run MUCH better. I get aroun 30 FPS at 1024X768 res with everything on medium. I would put it to high but FPS is more important then detail for me, but on a new powerbook running under osx I guess it would get around 40 fps with everything on high, also I see no major difference between sims 1 and 2.

7. efoto macrumors 68030

With all the disappointed Mac users for the Sims 2 I was hoping I could pull back out the original and have some fun with it. I never got really far into it (either I suck at it or just didn't have time, never got very far in the game) but I'm interested in it once again.
    Are you just running the Sims basic game or do you have the expansions and such too? Do they add content to the base game or are they really for once you finish the base game?
    Reason being, the Sims "chest" with two or three expansions is pretty cheap, so if I was going to pay for the Sims anyway, probably just by the chest and hope I like the game alot :p

Thanks for the runnings specs, I'll give it a go when I get back to the US I think.

8. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

The expansions add lots of things, furniture and activities but pick your expansions well. I hate some of them like "making magic" expansion because it adds wierd thingd like your sims can do magic which is fun but I prerfer a more realistic life style, look at the expansions and pick the style you like most. For now I am jsut palying the sims but once I get bored I will get some expansions.

9. efoto macrumors 68030

Ahh, okay. Sounds like good advice. Like I said I never got all that far in the game either due to time or because I kept killing people or close to it :p, but it seems like a fun game.

I too would prefer a more realistic game so I'll keep your comments about expansions in mind, thanks.