Sims 2 and MBP

Discussion in 'Games' started by bazotic, May 10, 2006.

1. bazotic macrumors newbie

bazotic

Anyone here with a MBP play the sims 2? I want to know how the graphics look and what's the best setting you can put it on without the drag. I'm a little worried because of the underclocking. Also, do you use the Mac versions or play it on XP?

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I dont have a MBP, but I do have an Intel iMac and Sims 2 runs beautifully under Rosetta.

3. bazotic thread starter macrumors newbie

bazotic

What kind of graphics card do you have? I mean, is yours underclocked like the MBP?

4. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

I have a stock 1.83 GHz MacBook Pro.

The game runs beautifully at most resolutions.*
    If you turn on all the graphics options and put the resolution towards the last 2 resolutions, it gets a bit choppy.

Remember when you get it to download and install the Sims 2 Universal patch. It's available at Aspyr's website on the Sims 2 main page. (It's a tiny little link, you have to search for it. It kind of pissed me off that they didn't make any big announcements when the UB patch came out. It had been out for 3 weeks before I realized.)

(*There isn't really much of a difference between resolutions, as the game graphics are still the same screen-estate size, but at a lower resolution the characters may seem a bit grainy and the control panel at the bottom gets smaller or bigger depending on the resolution. So keep it at a lower widescreen resolution.)