Sims 2 Audio Problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jovian9, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

My wife has Sims 2 for our Mac. Everything has been fine until this week. Recently the audio has been cutting out and staying out. She starts playing the game and the audio is there, and b/t 1-4 minutes it cuts out and stays off. I have not noticed any other audio problems with our Mac. It never does this any other time or on other games. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? Thanks!

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I've had this crop up occasionally, too. It got mentioned on another Sims 2 thread as well so it's obviously not just us! To be honest it hasn't happened for a while, but it is annoying when it does happen. Hopefully it's something Aspyr can sort out with a patch.

3. confirmed macrumors regular

confirmed

Do either of you have a bluetooth headset paired with your computer? I've noticed some apps mysteriously switch to the bluetooth audio output. This has happened for me with The Sims 2, Flash audio within Safari, and some Quicktime files. Never seems to affect iTunes though. It's very odd, probably not the same problem you guys are having, but just wanted to throw it out there as a possibility.

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Thanks for the idea, but I don't have a headset paired up. The problem only happens with Sims 2 – the sound in all my other apps is working fine.

5. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

No bluetooth headset here either. We do have bluetooth in our iMac, but we only use it for the wireless keyboard.......and like I mentioned above, this only happens with the Sims 2.