Sims 2 Crashes @ Startup

Discussion in 'Games' started by ghall, Sep 21, 2006.

1. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I had some time on my hands for the first time in a while and decided to play the Sims 2, and try out the Open For Buisness Expansion Pack (I got it when it came out, and I only played it for a few minutes). So I started it up and it completly skipped the intro video (the first sign of a problem) and went straight to the loading screen. After loading for a few seconds, the game crashes and I get the "unexpectedly quit" dialog. Well, I was pretty upset. I restarted, and that didn't work, so then I reinstalled, that didn't work either. So, basically, I'm stumped. I recently had to reinstall my OS, but I don't see how that could affect anything.

2. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

thegreatluke

Do you have the Universal patch for the regular Sims 2?

It's also possible one or more of your mods/hacks (if you have any) could be messing the game up. Try dragging your User/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads folder to the desktop (if you have stuff in it) and try again.

3. ghall thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I have the Open For Buisness Expansion pack, which is Universal right out of the box. I also have the main game installed, as well as the other 2 expansion packs. It was working fine a while ago. I also deleted any add-ons I downloaded, I deleted preference files, etc. No luck. I am totally stumped.