Sims 2 Help... Someone Please

Discussion in 'Games' started by anariel83, Nov 12, 2006.

1. anariel83 macrumors newbie

I am going to buy a mac for myself for x-mas (my first ever). i want to buy the macbook but i am worried that it wont play sims 2 and sims 2 pets with the integrated graphics card. this is the only real graphics-intensive thing i would do with the laptop (im not big into photo and video editing). i am going to get it with 2 gigs of ram, will this help? i have to know if i can save the $600 by not getting a macbook pro... I cant find a straight answer from anyone... PLEASE HELP! :eek: :confused:

2. kalun macrumors regular

I played The Sims 2 on my macbook under bootcamp. It runs OKAY. It is definitely playable, but do expect some lags when you have tons of sims in a small area.

3. anariel83 thread starter macrumors newbie

what if i'd rather not play it on bootcamp? it lags a little when i play it on my laptop now, so that's cool, but i dont know how i feel about putting windows on my mac...

ps. thanks for the reply

4. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i play it occasionaly (on os x) on my core duo macbook. it runs just fine and i have a gb of ram. it does slow down every once in a while, especially in the public areas, but it is certainly tolerable for me. you'll be fine, especially with 2 gb's of ram.

5. anariel83 thread starter macrumors newbie

count chocula... thanks so much for your response. i dont play it all that often either, but i still want to be able too

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

in bootcamp it was playable for me on a 1.83ghz Core Duo with 512mb of ram. With more than 3 or 4 sims it started to get a little sketchy. With more ram I bet it wouldn't run half bad at all.

Mind you, I am spoiled because my PC plays it smooth as silk with max settings so maybe it isn't as sketchy as I thought :D

I'm sure an Apple store/reseller has it installed on one of their machines! Or maybe you could ask them to install it for you? At my university store they installed some program for a friend of mine to make sure it worked the way he wanted it to.

And on a side note, glad the cards won! they deserved to win back in '04 (it was '04 right?) but crapped out in the WS.

7. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

no problem. don't forget to dowload the universal binary patch too.

8. anariel83 thread starter macrumors newbie

sikkinixx~ we definitely deserved it, we fought hard and nobody else believed we could do it... we try not to talk about 04, it was supremely embarrassing, but its all good now...thanks for the reply, ill see if they will try it out for me (the guys at the apple store are always really nice)

count chocula~ i will def. download it, once i get my macbook (Dec 26, after my grandparents and other family members contribute to the Cathi Needs a MacBook Fund...)