Sims 2 Intel Update: Windowed Mode Question...

Discussion in 'Games' started by bugfaceuk, May 8, 2006.

1. bugfaceuk macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

So I feel very thick. Just upgraded with the Universal (rev D) patch.. and although I had never tried before, running in a window seemed like a good idea... but I can't find the option in any of the options in the Sims 2 game... they keep talking about the options dialog which makes me feel like I should be running some other app...

So... how do I run sims 2 rev D in windowed mode... WHAT options dialog has the option in????

ARgh I deserve to rot.

2. nutmac macrumors 68030

Hold down the option key while launching and you will get a dialog box with options such as full-screen/window mode, resolution, and optimized rendering mode.

3. bugfaceuk thread starter macrumors 6502

bugfaceuk

Fantastic! Now... Is that a general Mac thing, is it in the Manual... how did I miss it??

Thank you very very much!

4. jeffy macrumors newbie

This post came up when I searched on google, so I thought I might add to it..

For me it seems to be command you hold down, not option, to get the box where you can choose windowed mode.
    You have to be double-clicking the Sims 2 icon in a window or the desktop, it won't work straight from the dock.
    I found this information in the readme that came in the game folder, under the section titled "Options Dialog".

-Jeffy