Sims 2 on new iBooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by datura, Jul 26, 2005.

1. datura macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2005
    I, like many others around here, have been waiting for months for the new iBooks. I've never owned an Apple computer before, so I'm pretty excited about it, however...

Will the new 12" iBook be able to run the Sims 2? I don't do a lot of gaming, but I would love to be able to play this one, and I was hoping that the iBook would update the video card with more memory... but it didn't, so uh, now I don't know. :confused:

So, what do y'all think?
  2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

Jul 10, 2005
    Rocketing through the sky!
    hmm well i have the sims 2 for windows and it requires at least a 32mb card ATI radeon 7200 or above. So i dunno for sure about mac but if it did work then it would be pushing it big time!
  3. datura thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2005
    Thanks for your answer!

Can someone with an iBook please respond to me? Is there anyone here who has tried to run Sims 2 on an iBook?
  4. obrien234 macrumors regular

Apr 12, 2005
    Brighton, MI
    System requirements

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later
    CPU Processor: PowerPC G4/G5
    CPU Speed: 1.2GHz or faster
    Memory: 256 MB or higher
    Hard Disk Space: 3GB free disk space
    Video Card (ATI): Radeon 9000 or better
    Video Card (NVidia): GeForce FX5200 or better
    Video Memory (VRam): 32 MB or higher
    Media Required: DVD Drive

That is quoted from for Sims 2 (Mac). The iBook runs off of a Radeon 9550. This puts you towards the bottom of the requirements, but it will still run, just make sure to throw loads of RAM in your iBook to make it run as smoothly as possible. I suggest They have the best deals I've been able to find.
  5. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2005
    Northern California
    Did you read this thread? Basically, it depends on what your standards for the game are. If you want it to look awesome then get something else, but if you just want to play it, you probaly have to load up on RAM, and except that there will be some glitches.

BTW, don't post twice - one thread is enough for a topic.