Sims 2 on new iBooks?

Discussion in 'Games' started by datura, Jul 26, 2005.

1. datura macrumors newbie

Jul 12, 2005
    I made this post in "Buying Advice" as well, so forgive me if I'm not supposed to post the same message twice, but I thought it might be appropriate for this board as well...

Will the new 12" iBook be able to run the Sims 2? I don't do a lot of gaming, but I would love to be able to play this one, and I was hoping that the iBook would update the video card with more memory... but it didn't, so uh, now I don't know.

The minimum requirements are an ATI Radeon 9000 or up, with 32mb of VRAM... which I suppose the new iBook has, but I know that a lot of games don't work very well at all with only the minimum requirements.

So, what do you all think? Has anyone played Sims 2 on one of the previous iBooks, and did that work? Will it work better with the new video cards on the new iBooks, do you think?

Thanks for your help...
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    I don't think that you are supposed to post threads twice in different areas, but I am not a mod... :p

I think that the new iBook will play Sims 2 better than the old ones, but that is not saying much. I hear that the game eats up hardware pretty good, or at least I believe I remember that from other threads here. I know there are some threads already here on what plays this game well, so you might want to search and see what they say. I have the game, but haven't installed it on my 1.5ghz 15" PB yet, so I have no idea how well it plays. Anyway, good luck. :)