sims 2 on xbox worth it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by howard, Oct 13, 2006.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

i've been thinking about picking up sims 2 for xbox, i've heard its sort of a stripped down version compared to the computer one, i was wondering how much that hinders gameplay, and is it worth it to buy it for xbox?

i'm thinking it might get my gf into gaming a little, she's expressed some interest in it.

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

All my female friends are obsessed with the Sims 2. PC Version. The PS2 version "stinks". I know the xbox isn't a PS2, but it's close enough.. I'd try to get her the PC version.

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

You would be better off getting the computer version whether it be pc or mac...if she gets into it and enjoys it you can get the expansion packs and there are so many downloads available. if you are looking for a console game to play with your girl guitar hero is fun

4. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

actually, we both have old ibooks, hers might not run it, and mine wouldn't either.

besides, i don't see her playing on a computer. a console is so much more friendly to pick up and play.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

...But the game isn't. I was round my girlfriends place months back, her flatmate was playing the PS2 sims. after an hours play she put the controller down and said "That's ****", took the game back the next day. Just one person I know but it didn't look that fun at all. I don't even like Sims games but the PC version seems to be miles better.

6. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I just got the Sims 2 for my mac, and it's way better to play on a computer than on a console. There's so many menus to go through that it's just easier with a mouse and keyboard.