Sims 2 problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by allisonv7, Nov 13, 2005.

1. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

Hey Everyone...

I've had the Sims 2 for a few months now and have been playing off and on. Starting a couple days ago I'm having some problems with it that prevent any playing. Once the game gets started the control area in the lower left corner will not show up unless I have my cursor set to one of the outside edges of the screen. When I move the cursor away from the edge, the panel disappears, so the CP is virtually unusable.

Any ideas? I don't want to lose my game so I'm really not wanting to do a re-install, unless theres someway to save what I have.

Thanks,

allison.

2. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Have you upgraded to 10.4.3 recently? There appears to be a conflict between the game and the upgrade, with symptoms like you describe – there's a thread on the issue here. Aspyr are apparently working on a patch to solve the problem, so it might be worthwhile keeping tabs on their website.

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

There was a Rev C patch released by Aspyr, but that has now been pulled and replaced by an amended Rev B patch which should address these issues.

You can download it HERE. This patch is for all languages of Sims 2 (English/French/German/Japanese), and fixes a bug with NVIDIA video cards under 10.4.3.

4. melody macrumors newbie

STOP - This patch does not work! I downloaded the above "Rev B" patch and kept my fingers crossed but it didn't work.

Then I called Aspyr tech support today (Monday, Nov. 14) and found out that yes, the upgrade to 10.4.3 screws up The Sims 2 for anyone with a nVidia GeForce FX 5200 video card. They are expecting to have a patch up "within a few days".

They said "keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming Rev C patch on the Aspyr site", here: http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/10880/support/

5. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

So what you're saying is Aspyr not only ported Sims 2 over to Mac badly, but they are screwing up the patches as well?? :confused: I'm glad I sold my copy.

6. allisonv7 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help guys...I didn't even think about it being a problem with the 10.4.3 upgrade, it worked for a few days without any problems on it.

Hopefully they'll get this fixed soon, I hadn't played in awhile and just started a new game last week and got hooked again!

allison.

7. emutree macrumors member

I'm having the same (very annoying problem). The Rev C patch is now listed on Aspyr's Sims 2 support page, but when you go to download it from Mac Games it can't find the link. Grrrr