Sims 2 via Virtual PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by fertilepress@tm, Sep 13, 2004.

1. fertilepress@tm macrumors newbie

I have never used Virtual PC but was wondering how practical it would be to run Sims 2 under it. Anyone here have any experience running Windoze games using Virtual PC?

:confused:

renee

2. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Virtual PC is not made for games, and is an absolute ripoff to pay 100+ for it if all you are going to do is games. Take my advice and just build a cheap little x86 machine, it will be so many times better than vpc (yes that includes vpc 7 as well).

3. fertilepress@tm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. I'm not a computer builder, however. :(

Renee

4. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

you can find some built for pretty cheap anyways.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

I'd recommend buying a Dell or other PC as long as it has a real graphics card, not Intel Integrated Graphics. But, before buying a PC, I'd recommend waiting and watching to see what happens when/if (more of a "when" though, since it has been unofficially announced) a Mac version is released to see how it runs.

6. benpatient macrumors 68000

i almost choked when i saw this thread title. priceless!

7. sgarringer macrumors regular

yes i'll be cleaning soda off my monitor for day... ouch, nose hurts =]

8. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

On a related note. Has anyone seen any reviews of VP7? I want to see if it actually is faster or if that is just a lot of hot air.

9. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

I have seen a few reviews floating around, all of them positive. Just give it a few weeks and it will be shipping.

10. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Can you link to a review? I can't find one anywhere.

11. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

sure it might take me a little while to dig it back up though (did not bookmark it)

12. applekid macrumors 68020

I think the VPC7 reviews did say the speed improved and the Windows GUI is a bit more responsive. But, no advancements in the graphics department. Shocking...

13. benpatient macrumors 68000

I bought this game last night. It runs better on my 2500+ than the original ran on my 733...if you're looking at it strictly on a responsiveness, I/O scale...

but it will not run on a Mac running VPC...that I can promise you. It's a seriously demanding app., graphically and otherwise.

I'll be surprised if the Mac version doesn't require a G5 to play it at all...

14. Brettla macrumors regular

I ran Virtual PC on my powerbook listed in my Signature and it windows only showed that i had about a 300mhz processor, so i would say it isn't even possible.

15. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

The virtual PC has always been a bit slow I've heard. But I never have had any experiance with one. But who knows, the Virtual PC 7 could be a lot faster and stronger. But I doubt that. Hopefully strong enough to play AOM: The titans and I'll be happy.

16. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I read somewhere that Micosoft had to strip out some planned pieces and improvements to make it to market. Shocking? No. Can I find the link? No.