Sims 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by StarbucksSam, Apr 28, 2005.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

The Sims 2 is coming out soon for Mac OS X. My question is - well... I have the minimum requirements for everything EXCEPT the 1ghz processor. Mine is 800mhz. Will it actually NOT run on my computer, or are these just suggestions?

2. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

it will load and run but run pretty slow. But who knows it might be bearable with all setting set to low. My GF is in the same boat with her 800mhz iBook.

3. Poff macrumors 65816

Poff

I have a 700 G4, so I'm waiting till they get out a demo, and then I'll check out how it runs.-

4. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Sutekidane

After playing the pc version for a couple of months, I can say the game is pretty processor and graphically intensive. On medium settings, I had occasional slowdown on my 1.8ghz athlonxp, with a geforce fx 5900. Well, you never know though.

5. SilversunStreak macrumors member

SilversunStreak

Same here. I've got a dual 867. I'm wondering if it's worth is to upgrade my video card to a 9800. Can't wait for this game!!!

6. timmyb macrumors 6502

I too have been looking at getting the Sims 2. I'm going to be getting the next rev of the iBook when it is released. I will be getting the 12" model so the processor should be about 1.4GHz. I will be upgrading the RAM to 756MB and hopefully the video card will be up to 64MB.
    How should I expect Sims 2 to run with these settings?

7. Rocksaurus macrumors 6502a

Rocksaurus

If it hiccups like that on PC, I don't think Mac users will be very happy (see: Doom 3) :(