Sims Deluxe on VPC Windows XP Pro&Kazaa

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by AHDuke99, Dec 1, 2002.

1. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I just bought the Sims Deluxe to put on Virtual PC because one of my friends had it and it was good. I installed it with no problem. Then when I opened it up it said that there was an error. I can run SimCity 3000 Unlimited on it. And Whenever I install Kazaa it says something nedded to be installed for Kazaa to run. Reinstall it. Anyone else having this problem?

2. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

the sims would probably be too graphical to run on vpc :( unless you have a high end powermac or something probably :S or a pc...
    and try kazaa lite: www.kazaalite.com

3. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Oh VPC

Well from my experience using VPC (4 and 5) for quite a long time for lots of stuff i have come to the conclusion that it sucks for any sort of game, now to its credit it is a brilliant emulator but it just doesnt have the power for graphics heavy applications. Im sure someone will come along and prove me wrong or something but i have found that even with bundles of everything given to the emulator using the fastest computers (it was a 766 G4 Tower at the time) it just doesnt work. Phew that was long winded...

P.S. I have a new 1.25Ghz DP (Radeon 9000) now and ill check it out on this, i wont hold my breath though...

4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

i've been getting that kazaa error too. no idea why. and for some reason i can't get the kazaalite installer to run. It's weird

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

kazaa has always installed fine for me on win xp and 2000 on vpc. as for games, vpc only has 4mb video card. i think that is way to low for any game you buy these days.

iJon

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Okay, please get this straight, everyone... YOU CAN'T PLAY GAMES ON VPC!!!! (other than Minesweepr, of course :rolleyes: ) As iJon said, VPC only allows 4MB of Video RAM no matter how much you gone in that baby of yours, and most current games need 32 as a minumum! VPC wasn't made for games, it was just made for simple office apps people would want on their Mac without getting a PC. That's it.

Yeah. And I ain't pissed. Just want to make things clear.

irmongoose

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i play simgolf on there

and as this person said, they played simcity 3000 on it.....

so you can play some games.... just not graphically intense ones i'd say....

8. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

Why do people play simcity 3000 on the PC? Why not play it on the Mac?

9. shinbone macrumors newbie

10. Thirteenva macrumors 6502a

I just have to ask....

Why didn't you buy the mac version of the sims, it will run ten times better than it would in VPC.

I know not all the expansions are available for mac yet(sims unleashed and sims vacation are not yet ported over) but there on there way.

11. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Hey that 200% faster VPC sounds interesting, i might check it out on my 1.2GHz DP and god damn it better give me one hell of a performance......

12. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

No Os X compatability, and it's way slow in classic too. But, you're right - it'd be just as slow or slower in VPC.

13. Pedro Estarque macrumors regular

Re: Sims Deluxe on VPC Windows XP Pro&Kazaa

And Whenever I install Kazaa it says something nedded to be installed for Kazaa to run. Reinstall it. Anyone else having this problem? [/QUOTE]

I've been having this same problem with Kazaa.Reinstalled and nothing.I'm running VPC 5 with Win98. Since I've lost hope of any mac version (or java) anytime soon, and Kazaa is the best mp3 downloader I know, VPC seems the only choice.Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Pedro
    (this is my first post!)

14. Bonte macrumors 6502a

Bonte

15. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Why pay for something like that if you can search the Morpheus network and other networks at the same time with other apps like Acquisition (which is free)? Remember, Morpheus switched from the FastTrack network to the Gnutella network, so it isn't as good as Kazaa like it used to be.

irmongoose

16. Pedro Estarque macrumors regular

All current mac apps of this sort use either Gnutella or OpenNapster (sometimes both ) network, which even together, aren't close to the amount of files shared by Kazaa network.The only one that tries to access Kazaa network in the mac is Neo, but it is a shadow client, and I find it worst then Gnutella/OpenNapster.
    "Kazaa lite" worked for me in VPC ( thanks SilvorX !) and I'm sticking with it untill anything better comes out.

Pedro