Sims (not Sims 2) on the new iBook

Discussion in 'Games' started by timmyb, Aug 7, 2005.

1. timmyb macrumors 6502

Feb 2, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The UK Mac magazine iCreate is offering the Sims (with 3 expansion packs) free with a subscription. I have decided not to get Sims 2 as it sounded it would perfom badly on the new iBooks. How will the Sims (version 1) run on the new iBooks (with 1GB RAM)?
  2. mattmack macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2002
    San Francisco Area
    I woud think it would run great. I think the original requirements were a 233 G3 and 2 mb of video ram. It performed well on my old G4 450 and runs very well on the dual G5. It was allright on my ibook 500, but a new ibook should chew through it without any problems. Also I never played the expansions just the original sims so I don't know how the expansions perform
  3. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2005
    Brighton, UK
    It should run fine.

That is a great offer that iCreate are doing, it's a shame that I've already subscribed, because I could do with the Sims with extension packs. But thankfully I got Freeway Express free with my subscription :D

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    I ran the original Sims with a couple of the expansions on my old G3 iMac (500Mhz with 384MB RAM) and didn't have any major problems. The only issue was that things would get a little choppy if there were a lot of Sims on screen at a particular time. It was only a problem when I took one of my Sims off to one of the Community Lots, when they were in their actual homes it ran OK. I can't speak from firsthand experience of using it on an iBook, but as mattmack says the newer, better specced iBooks should run it perfectly well – especially as you've got it loaded up with plenty of RAM.
  5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    I've seen it running on my freinds new iBook and it works great not slowdown or go for it!!