Simultaneous audio out question...

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by cmccarten, Feb 5, 2007.

1. cmccarten macrumors member

I have an amplifier that can be driven by a USB connection from my MBP, but I would still like to have sound sent to my speaker-out jack on the computer itself. When I use the external amp with the USB, I have to change the sound drivers on my computer, and the speaker-out jack is silenced.
    I know this is a long shot, but is there any program/technique/setting that will enable both devices to play the same audio simultaneously?

I need to use both sound systems at once (I'm running sound for a small event and need to set it up like this:
    MBP > USB > amplifier > stereo speakers (which lack a subwoofer); and
    MBP > stereo out > computer speakers w/subwoofer.
    both speaker sets playing the same audio source.

is there a soundcard emulation program that will enable both outs to be used?

And no, I can't just add the subwoofer to the signal chain with the amplifier: it's got different connections and needs to be amplified with subwoofer frequencies.

2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Possibly try /Applications>Utilities>Audio Midi Setup. At the top menu bar of Audio Midi setup, make an aggregate device to use both devices. You'll have to give your new device a name. That newly named device will now show up as an output in audio apps.