simultaneous button down and mouse movement not working.

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by MACaveli7, Nov 4, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi Guys. I'm using GetEventParameter to get the position of the mouse, however whenever I press a button it seems to stop processing the mouse movement.

I'm am using the function for mouse movement as follows:

GetEventParameter(Event, kEventParamWindowMouseLocation, typeHIPoint, NULL, sizeof(MousePos), NULL, &MousePos);

for mouse button presses.

GetEventParameter(Event, kEventParamMouseButton, typeMouseButton, NULL, sizeof(typeMouseButton), NULL, &uButtonPressed);

Thanks for your time.

2. macrumors G5

gnasher729

Do you have a good reason to write Carbon code today?
    And what events are you processing? Any dragging events?

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

The code has been written in carbon, I'm not inclined to change it to cocoa since I'm unfamiliar with objective c, but I am open to ideas.

I am processing drag events, hence why I have the problem, unless you mean that there is a drag mouse event I have to use to get it to recognise simultaneous mouse movements and button presses.

4. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

This was my first thought when I looked at your code but I never use Carbon so I can't really be sure.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

turns out you were right. There is a kEventMouseDragged event, it uses the same functionality as the mouse move event.

EventTypeSpec MouseHandlerEventsDrag[] = {kEventClassMouse, kEventMouseDragged};

InstallApplicationEventHandler(NewEventHandlerUPP(LeapardMouseEventDraggedHandler), 1, &MouseHandlerEventsDrag[0], this, NULL);

EventTypeSpec MouseHandlerEventsMove[] = {kEventClassMouse, kEventMouseMoved};

InstallApplicationEventHandler(NewEventHandlerUPP(LeapardMouseEventMovedHandler), 1, &MouseHandlerEventsMove[0], this, NULL);