Simultaneous Development: Blizzard

Discussion in 'Games' started by neoelectronaut, Aug 2, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
  2. bux macrumors regular

Apr 22, 2004
    Yeah, we all know... Blizzard is great end of story :rolleyes:

But seriously, that article is a great example why companies should bring their titles to multiple platforms. That way they will discover bugs faster, like that article says.
  3. Darwin macrumors 65816

Jun 2, 2003
    round the corner
    Sadly it doesn't seem like anyone other then Blizzard (and any other company) will do multiple platforms, at least not next week thats for sure which is really annoying when you just so happen to have multiple platforms at home :rolleyes:
  4. PlatinumBlade macrumors member

Jul 17, 2004
    Lansing, MI
    Dual Platform Games

I think the only way any game companies would do it now is if they were pressured by high product sales on the Mac platform. With such a PC-centric game market, and having most companies being ran by the bean counters, it makes the likelihood of something like this happening a distant possibility. I was very impressed years ago when I saw Blizzard creating dual platform content and I hope they never change their policy.

At least I take comfort in the fact that the shelves in the Mac section of CompUSA have a lot more on them now than they did last year. I think with better hardware to work with more companies might be inclined to create something for us if we can assure them we'll buy it.

Maybe we can all pressure Carmack to pressure everyone else since he seems to love the Mac platform. :D
  5. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

I might finally be able to end my buy blizzard only phase and play some more games;) I mean Mac users are so starved for games why not spend the extra $ so you can get a bunch of mac users to buy ur game.
  6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003