Simultaneous or Single Download? (iTunes)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jason221, Oct 6, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2009
    I have about a 1.5 MB/s connection. Is there any speed difference between downloading multiple files simultaneously and downloading a single file at a time? I just started downloading Dexter, Season 4 (HD) and am wondering if allowing simultaneous downloads will decrease total time spent downloading or if it makes no difference at all.

2. macrumors 6502

Aug 22, 2010
    Where the bluebonnets bloom
    I also have a 1.5mb connection, and I've never seen a difference. It will always max out your connection.

wait...megabit or megabyte? It maxes out my 1.5 megabit connection, but if you actually meant 1.5 MB/sec then idk if it will max your connection. It still shouldn't matter whether you do one at a time or a few at a time.
  3. macrumors 65816

Mr Kram

Oct 1, 2008
    the overall time may stay the same, but if you want to watch dexter asap, then you don't to download anything else until that is done.
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jun 26, 2009

Alright, I just wasn't sure whether downloading each individual file one at a time at full speed was faster or slower than splitting up the speed between three files at a time. And I've already seen the episodes once before, so it doesn't have to be done ASAP. No one else can use the computer while it is downloading, though, so there is that. :p