Since summer is coming up....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cycocelica, May 3, 2006.

1. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

What kind of sunglasses do you own? I know most people probably just own some cheap ones but if you got nice ones post a picture. I just own a cheap black pair to wear while driving.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

A cheap pair for running and that's it. I feel weird wearing any form of glasses so I don't. Come to think of it, I feel weird wearing anything at all. :eek:

3. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I'm stuck with clip-on sunglasses as I wear regular glasses all the time.

I only wear them for driving as I'm not to sure what sort of reactions other students would have if they saw them.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I found a pair laying around the house. Look like Flash Gordon's nephew, but hey, it's function over form. They work.

5. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

My fake oakleys broke last summer. Its ok, I didn't like them that much anyway. Time to get some nice new ones that actually look good on me.

6. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Unfortunately, Summer isnt coming up for us here in Oz, but when it is, I usually wear glasses by the Brand 'Dirty Dog'. Dont know what model they are.

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I have three pairs of Oakley sunglasses. They are all the same type as the pic below.

1. White with blue lenses - The ones I wear the most, but only when wearing contacts.

2. Olive Green with tan lenses - These have my prescription in them for when i don't have my contacts in.

3. Red with red lenses - I only use for baseball. They do not have my prescription because I wear my contacts when playing. The red is supposed to brighten up the ball. It seems to work, but it could be in my head. Plus, my uniform is white with red pinstripes so the glasses match.

[​IMG]

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I own a pair of Oakley A-Wires, which I've had for probably 8 years or so...wow, I hadn't realized it's been that long!

[​IMG]

10. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I've had a pair of Revo's for about 7 years now, here's what they look like according to the website:

[​IMG]

11. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

With an avatar like that?

You only have cheapos? Where are the rhinestones, Bootsy? :D :cool:

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Are those good? They generally cost around $99 AUD, right?

Me too. When someone "orders" me to wear pants, I donkey punch them.

Wow, they had A-wires 8 years ago? Didn't know that. I have lost 2 pairs of Square Wire Oakleys over the past 2.5 years, so I want something cheaper.

I saw a pair of Ted Bakers for around $200 AUD, and they were so British, but so great. They weren't tinted enough for my taste, but meh, they really did look good on me. Maybe a future purchase.

13. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i typically don't wear sun glasses. i have a pair of cheapos from last year, but they're probably broken so i'll go and pick up a new pair sometime this year. i may have to start wearing them more often to cut back on my headaches, but they are just uncomfortable to me. i just do too much driving.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Two paid of oakley big square wires 2.0.
    One is polarized because I had lasik and that was the first thing I bought to protect my expensive investment and the others are that sort of weird rust color that you can wear anywhere and still see. They look like I have two warming filters over my eyes. I like them---they were free. I do need to have them fixed though as they were sat on and knocked out of alignment.

15. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

A little too much information. ;) :D

Being someone blessed with a need to wear glasses, I have transition lenses- so anywhere I go, my sunglasses are on. :)

16. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

They are quite good. I got ones with bronze tinted lenses, so the colour appeals to me more than the dark/grey tints. And yeah, I think mine were around $99 AUD. Im happy with them, first pair of glasses I've been able to really wear without getting sore ears or nose etc etc :)

17. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Mine are rather small and black..err..well, here is a pic, let me know what you think:

:cool:

18. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

Isn't this pretty much the same as this thread?

I wear Ray Bans that look like diva glasses because that's what I am. :D

19. Lau Guest

I've worn glasses since I was 9 or 10, and so this is.....dah dah daaaah....my first pair of sunglasses. They've got prescription lenses in them and make everything all brown and friendly looking. :)

[​IMG]

20. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

At the latest I got them in the summer of 1999, so they are at least 7 years old...in fact, thinking back, I would put them at 7 instead of 8. Sorry for the exaggeration. :)

21. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You punch their donkey? A gentleman never punches another man's donkey.

22. Queso macrumors G4

I think I keep Oakley in business. I break them, I lose them, and I keep having to buy new pairs. Currently got a pair of half-jackets.

23. rjgonzales macrumors regular

I have someting in the neighborhood of 20 differant pairs of sunglasses.....mostly designer stuff (I work in optical retail), but I prefer Maui Jim over anything else.

24. amateurmacfreak macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Cheapos from Old Navy that I've actually gotten a lot of compliments on.... and a pair that I got from American Eagle for $15 on sale.
    I like 'em.

25. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

So a little OT, but is it true that those with lighter colored eyes are more sensitive to light? I heard that somewhere several eons ago and it's always been in the back of my head as being one of those things I should check out some day. I often find myself putting on sunglasses long before the hubby does on a bright summer day (or at least wearing them more often), but maybe that's more out of habit than necessity?