Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
I remember when Will won Pop Idol and everyone at my work was Pro Gareth saying he is the best singer they have heard in years and its a fix Will won as he is crap yada yada....

Well time talks doesn't it. Gareth 2 albums (i thought 1 too) both flopped and now nowhere. Will, several Brit Awards and still going strong.

Still the best bit of the original Pop Idol were Ant/Decs trouser mocking of Simon Cowell! :D

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner! Will Young has proved to be a quality original artist, whereas Gates just regurgitated (badly) old songs. A cover artist never lasts long....

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Jaffa Cake said:
From iGav's link...

"A spokeswoman for Gates's management firm 19 said the company was working on the singer's "exciting future".

So worry not, I'm sure he'll bounce back soon. :D

Exciting eh? :p Wouldn't be music related if he's doing something exciting then. :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
Jaffa Cake said:
"A spokeswoman for Gates's management firm 19 said the company was working on the singer's "exciting future".

In the words of Gareth Gates.... sh... sh... sh... sh*t. heheh.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I wish more record labels would cut the crap too. I mean seriously. The rubbish thats forced down my sisters ears on the internet, at school and on TV. gah. Thank god she always comes back to the Beatles. *family fondness for them*

The record industry needs some good talent. They needed it during the 90's.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
What has the world come to when an instantly disposable pop start is instantly disposed of!?!?!

This is what happens when you release albums with as much integrity as a big mac

rt_brained

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2002
Creativille
Singer Gareth Gates axed by record label
Ooohh, I know the feeling...you get home with that brand new Debbie Gibson record...you're so excited that you pierce the shrink wrap with your fingernail and slide it too quickly down the sleeve and, "Yowwww!!!", axed by record label.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.