Single 1.8 Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Hackcomic.com, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Hackcomic.com macrumors regular

I have given up on the rumors and am going to buy a single 1.8 G5- but it doesnt come with bluetooth installed and I really need B/T for my plam and phone. Is there a way to install it or get B/T/ through USB or something like that - that will still work as well?

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Internal Bluetooth on the G5 uses a internal USB module with an external antenna.

Only difference with a 3rd party unit is that it plugs into an standard external USB port, instead of Apple's non-standard internal USB connections (lots of different BT module packages).

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Yeah, you can pick up a USB bluetooth module. I used to use one with my old iMac to syc with my Palm. I'd recommend getting the D-Link adaptor Apple sells on their website, because it is the only one that can wake the machine from sleep. I guess that's not too important, but if you ever decide to get a bluetooth mouse or keyboard, it makes things much more convenient.