single click options?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jvaska, Apr 16, 2004.

1. jvaska macrumors 6502

One thing I miss from OS9 was the ability in my web browser to simply hold down the click while hovering over a link and I would get a small menu with more options.

I would really love to be able to do this in Safari and then have the option to open a page in a new tab or new window.

Yes, I know that I can do this with the other hand...but that's part of the problem. I'd still like to be able to do this only with the mouse.

I've done some searching, but I can't find anything out there. Is there? Anybody know of a way to make this happen?

thanks...v

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

While I don't think it can be done in Safari, many other browsers allow you to do this. Out of them, I'd recommend Firefox. Otherwise, you could get a third party mouse. ;)

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

so i guess you're using a one-button mouse?

honestly, get with the times. you've got to live in the now. :p j/k.

well that's one of the reasons i got myself a two-button mouse. actually i've got a 5 button mouse, and i could still use more buttons. :D

well you could probably get an app or something that would basically tell the system 'mouse hold for 2 seconds = ctrl'.

i'm pretty sure it can be done, but i can't remeber the app.

hopefully someone else...

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I never understood the need for a 3-button mouse, let alone a 5-button :eek:

I've got the standard single-button Apple Pro Mouse at the moment, I'm used to pressing control now. In fact, when I use Windows, I find myself control-clicking :rolleyes:

5. jvaska thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, but...oftentimes I'm holding something I'm reading in the other hand. I could get a two-button mouse or a 50-button mouse but I just don't believe in them. I'm sticking with one button even if I can't do what I want in Safari.

I really have no reason for not using Firefox except that I don't use it except for testing stuff.

Thanks for the comments, y'all.

;)