Siri dictation getting worse over the past couple weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rocknblogger, Dec 31, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

rocknblogger

I don't know about anyone else but for me Siri has been getting worse. Simple words like wine I get weight. "Not now" I got Tenner. "Champagne instead of wine" I got "Champagne and outline". These are just some of the things I remember but it's getting to the point that I can no longer trust Siri to text what I want. If I have to check every single text I may as well just type it out.

Until about two weeks ago Siri was somewhere around 90% to 95% correct but now it seems like almost every time I dictate I have to correct two or three words and sometimes entire sentences or paragraphs.

Has anyone else seen a decline in Siri accuracy?

FYI iPhone 5 iOS 6.02

2. macrumors 68040

Jordan921

3. macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

I stop using Siri months ago because I had the same issues. Plus when ever I ask about my football team it always gave me wrong information.

4. macrumors 6502

bonskovsky

I had to say goodbye to Siri too. It just not worth it.

5. macrumors member

Seems pretty fine for me, only problem is that it has been really slow to process my dictation in the last 24hrs

6. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

I just started using Siri ( received a 5 for Christmas). So far Siri has worked pretty good for me, i have had to speak more deliberately.

7. macrumors 6502

Have you taken into account that since the weather has gotten colder, your lips are a little paralyzed and you're just not speaking that clearly?

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

rocknblogger

Nah, I use Siri indoors. I still feel a bit stupid talking to my phone outdoors in public.

I've been using Siri since the 4S and for the most part it's been fine but now it's getting very basic words wrong. It has really deteriorated in the last 2 weeks. I'm texting pretty much the same things and the same people so if anything I would have expected that Siri would have gotten better over time, not worse. I'm very surprised.

9. macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Siri works pretty well for me. I do wish there was a Siri training app or something so it learns your specific speech patterns, etc.

10. macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

With regard to voice/word recognition, Siri pales in comparison Google's product. Siri is a dumb kid, in a manner of speaking, in a smart class.

11. thread starter macrumors 68000

rocknblogger

I have to agree with you. I have a Nexus7 so I don't use it as much as I do my iPhone. But the times I do use it I would say its about 99% accurate. I almost never have to correct it. Also where Google now is a true feature Siri is starting to feel more like a gimmick. Sad but true.