Siri in iOS 7 beta

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jnappleseed, Aug 27, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with Siri? 6 out of 10 times when I try to use Siri I will get a long lag before being told that it's not accepting questions, please try again in a little while. I have 5 circles of LTE. I've had the issue over LTE and on multiple wifi connections. I've restored my phone and set it up as a new device but the issue persists. Can anyone chime in?

Also, I'm running the latest beta build on an iPhone 5

2. macrumors G5

jav6454

Siri's back-end (no pun intended) might be having some work done. Or has this behavior happened usually?

3. thread starter macrumors member

I used to believe that but I have experience the issue every day since the first beta :/

4. macrumors G5

jav6454

Anything else you might notice is giving you problems? Internet connectivity and the likes?

5. macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

I've been having the same issues since b1. If I activated Siri and ask a question, she sits there and eventually tells me she is sorry.

If I activate it, stop her, then tap the circle and ask the question again, it works just fine. It seems that initial startup when using the long home button press isn't working right...

6. macrumors member

I am having the same problem on my ipad 3. " I am really sorry about this but I can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while. "

7. macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

8. macrumors regular

I had problems with him (the male sounds more human), so I turned Siri capability off and back on in Settings and it has been better.

9. macrumors 6502

I noticed when I first installed the beta I wasnt able to use Siri to open apps. In the last week or so (maybe since the last beta, I'm not exactly sure) it seems to be working. Maybe the server end is being updated continuously to work properly with new os?

10. macrumors 6502a

dBeats

It's normal. iOS7 Siri is still under development after all. They can take the service up and down as they need. Should be much better when it is put in production.

11. macrumors 65816

iOS 7 beta 6 is unfinished Siri keeps switching between her iOS 5 voice and iOS 7 voice.

12. macrumors demi-god

No proof but I'd think tht Siri on beta devices are probably querying servers at apple that are intended only for development. Apple has had a lot of development server issues the past few months.

Siri has been great with simple queries lately but worthless with more complex ones. I assume it's high load from all the devs banging on things trying to make things break.