Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manzzle

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Wow, we really made a article on this?

I mean Siri has been saying smart things since forever. She once told me that I'm stupid and I screen grabbed it to make sure I wasn't making it up.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
The bitch still doesn't speak Dutch... It's been what like what, almost three years since Apple introduced Siri? :mad:

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I attempted to use Siri and she kept telling me that she couldn't handle my requests right now. :eek:

----------

People actually use siri? Who knew?

I've finally trained my mom to start using her for simple tasks like adding events to her calendar. Far quicker than manually adding the events, especially with her slow typing and forgetful nature of how to use computers these days. :cool:

klamse25

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
Maybe you could start your own Apple News and Rumors blog. Then you could have it your way and decide what goes on the front page.

This is a very stupid argument. Maybe you should start your own debate team.

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Google Voice pretty much smacks Siri. I can't think of a single way it's better.

Siri's a snapper dresser.

po41d76v40.jpg

sumsingwong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2012
Google Voice pretty much smacks Siri. I can't think of a single way it's better.

Let me help you.

Ask Google Now to read the last email you received. It won't. Ask Google Now to read new text message. It won't. Ask Google Now to toggle system services such as WiFi or adjusting screen brightness without touching your phone. You can't. Try asking Google Now to schedule a meeting on the same date and time that another event already exist without touching your phone. You can't and Google Now will not tell you an event already exists and ask if you want to move some existing events around. I can keep going.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
The bitch still doesn't speak Dutch... It's been what like what, almost three years since Apple introduced Siri? :mad:

She is still yet enrolled to Dutch class. I think she is currently learning a few new languages including Dutch for iOS 8. (It's rumoured Apple is seeking engineers fluent in Japanese, Norwegian, Turkish, Danish, Australian English, Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Dutch, Thai, Russian, British English, and Cantonese.)

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
It's not impressive when it's all pre-programmed to come up with these responses. Call me when you're self-aware, Siri.

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Google Now is more like a convenient way to google search information of any particular items from internet, but just in prettier dress. There is no integrity with the phone hardware or software. And it lacks personality.

Siri is not perfect yet, but nothing is. As long as it keeps getting better, I think there is no reason people won't use it.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
To those arguing Siri vs Google: Don't be so narrow minded. They both have strengths and weaknesses. I use both on my iPhone, choosing whichever is best at the task at hand. I use Siri to send messages, add appointments, launch apps, etc. I use Google to search for addresses, phone numbers, restaurants, and the web. I wish Siri did the streaming thing, but now I know it will in a couple months.

Apple and Google keep fighting each other for the best voice recognition, and that's hugely beneficial to us consumers. Let them fight over us!

Most importantly, as Louis CK would say, WE ARE TALKING TO OUR PHONES AND IT UNDERSTANDS US! WE SHOULD BE RUNNING AROUND GOING OH MY GOD!!

Enjoy today's tech. It's amazing!

ksuyen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Do you really want another self-aware woman in your life?

Be careful what you ask for.

I shudder to think if she gets mad...

eg. She calls your in-law and made the worst prank ever... She messed up your contacts, so instead of calling your wife, you call your boss... She played music loudly suddenly during an important meeting...

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.