Siri on Android vs. iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 14, 2011.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

2. macrumors 6502a

Ofcourse she is modest:D

3. macrumors newbie

Asked 'what's the best phone you can buy?' and got 'Wait... there are other phones?'

4. macrumors 6502a

nylonsteel

re original article

very cute answers - put a chuckle into my morning

5. macrumors 6502a

6. macrumors 603

roland.g

This is a sidebar article? Really?

Who's going to do the daily piece on what Tim Cook eats for lunch?
    Can I expect articles on how iPhone users have lower chiropractic costs because the weight of their phones creates less imbalance in their left/right weight distribution?

7. macrumors 68040

Have to agree. Who gives a rats 'a' about posts showing Siri responses? Seems pointless.

Are we going to get a new post every time a MR staff member gets a funny response? :rolleyes:

8. macrumors G4

*LTD*

Consumers do. It could very well be a factor in their purchasing decisions. The more creative and intelligent Siri is demonstrated to be, the more attractive the 4S becomes.

It's the little touches like these responses that really round out the User Experience.

Details, details.

9. macrumors 6502a

That's why it's on the sidebar, not the main page (or whatever you call it).

10. macrumors member

Seriously, months after Macrumors has debuted this new format, I'm still amazed at the people who piss and moan about articles in the sidebar. Do you have nothing better to do? It's the sidebar for a reason!

Personally, it gave me a good chuckle on a Friday morning and for that reason alone I find it had value. Also, I agree with LTD, I don't have an iPhone 4S so it was also further insight into the 'intelligence' of Siri. It is about the details, and it's pretty clever that Apple built in one of their most well known slogans 'Think Different' into its brain...

11. macrumors regular

So... If you hold an android phone in your hand, plug the headset into the iPhone and ask Siri, "What's the best cell phone?" She'll say, "The one you're holding." Which means that she thinks your android phone is the best???

I wonder if Apple thought of that and program Siri to respond differently when the headset is plugged in....

12. macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

Yeah! How dare MacRumors place an interesting article outside of the main page! I was so mad by the idea that I logged in and posted about it.

Seems a bit silly doesn't it? After all, these cute responses by Siri contribute to making it all seem more polished. I like these articles.

13. macrumors 6502a

How do you get Siri to respond with your name?

14. macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

But when pressed for which is the best phone, she's not modest:...

I'd say at the current time she is very honest.;)

15. macrumors 6502a

I ask "open the pod bay doors" and the responses i've gotten are: "sigh..." "oh no, not again", "thats no way to treat an intelligent agent" "that's it... i'm reporting you to the intelligent agents' union for harassment" lol

16. macrumors 6502

17. macrumors regular

Me: Why do all the personal computers have such beautiful typography?
    Siri: Because windows copied Mac

hahaha :p

18. macrumors 6502a

you have to have yourself in your address book then open the siri settings and put it has an option for "my info" or something, you select yourself.

19. macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

Siri is too cute

20. macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

"Me: Why do all the personal computers have such beautiful typography?
    Siri: Because windows copied Mac

hahaha :p"

Wow that's clever. I wonder if someone actually thought of all these questions and prorammed the responses.

(I'm quoting this way because I'm not sure if quoting someone in the mobile page works.)

21. macrumors 65816

wackymacky

Intelligent? This isn't artificial intelligence, these are pre-determined answers programed in for predicable questions. cute yes, magical, no.

22. macrumors newbie

I'm keeping an eye on these sort of sites, they are bound to get at least a little popular. http://hisiri.tumblr.com:)

23. macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Same here. I don't think quoting thing worked on mobile :/

24. macrumors 65816

citi

It's the first day of a new phone, people are interested.

On christmas, did you open up your gifts and run around the house excited, only to be told to shut up by your dad?

"That's enough about look what it can do son! I'm trying to watch the damn game!"

25. macrumors 65816

You guys realize that it's some geeky guy programmer who anticipated your stupid questions and picked out key words and formulated a nerdy response to satisfy you, right? It's not really a sexy woman computer answering. :rolleyes:

In a week everyone will totally be bored with Siri and it will go the way of facetime as something you never use.

Tony