Siri sucks

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dvoros, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502

The day after the Emmys my wife asked Siri for the winners. Siri responded that it could find no listings for the Emmys. We then tried Google voice search and immediately received a list of the winners in each category. How much worst can Siri get?

2. macrumors 6502

Yeah that's bad, i feel for you. There's nothing worse than siri not knowing the winners of the Emmys. :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

That's it, Siri doesn't know the Emmy winners. Scrap it, shut down Apple's Siri R&D department ASAP, Apple.

4. Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I asked Siri and Google the same question:
    This is what I got. It may not be precisely what you're looking for, but Siri looks like it may have come closer than the Google search...

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 6502a

thefredelement

I love Siri's device controls, especially if I'm driving and forgot to turn on bluetooth for whatever reason, now I don't have to risk a ticket to get the hands free in my car on, just press the home button and done.

6. macrumors 6502

Jesla

Siri Sucks…..

Does she now?…..and how does that work exactly?;)

7. macrumors 6502

UK Siri is only male, and he doesn't offer any sucking.
    But to be honest Siri has come a long way, but it has to get better at country specific interests.
    Here in the UK Yelp is pretty useless, Sport interests are different here, there is plenty of room for improvement. But overall I am very happy with Siri, and I hope that we will keep our Siri voice.

8. macrumors 6502

adjeff8

Siri is awesome. Help me out in numerous ways. Especially in the car. And she also just listed 24 Emmy winners in about a half of second

9. macrumors 601

Technarchy

One of the things I miss most after getting a GS4 is Siri.

It will be good to have Siri again once I can locate a 32gb gold 5S

10. macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 Siri is incredible. Much, much, much faster, better speech recognition, lots of new features (wiki, twitter, control settings etc. etc.), and she has a gorgeous (humanlike) new voice :)

She is definitely greatly improved, and that's why there's no longer that little beta sign next to it. :)

11. macrumors 68030

Siri doesn't like people who talk bad about her to her friends. [​IMG]