Siri sucks

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dvoros, Sep 24, 2013.

1. dvoros macrumors 6502

Sep 1, 2010
    The day after the Emmys my wife asked Siri for the winners. Siri responded that it could find no listings for the Emmys. We then tried Google voice search and immediately received a list of the winners in each category. How much worst can Siri get?
  2. meechy macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2010
    Yeah that's bad, i feel for you. There's nothing worse than siri not knowing the winners of the Emmys. :rolleyes:
  3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

Dec 3, 2003
    Southeastern Louisiana
    That's it, Siri doesn't know the Emmy winners. Scrap it, shut down Apple's Siri R&D department ASAP, Apple.
  4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Orbiting a G-type Main Sequence Star
    I asked Siri and Google the same question:
    This is what I got. It may not be precisely what you're looking for, but Siri looks like it may have come closer than the Google search...

Attached Files:

5. thefredelement macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2012
    New York
    I love Siri's device controls, especially if I'm driving and forgot to turn on bluetooth for whatever reason, now I don't have to risk a ticket to get the hands free in my car on, just press the home button and done.
  6. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jan 7, 2013
    Tennessee USA
    Siri Sucks…..

Does she now?…..and how does that work exactly?;)
  7. BSben macrumors 6502a

May 16, 2012
    UK Siri is only male, and he doesn't offer any sucking.
    But to be honest Siri has come a long way, but it has to get better at country specific interests.
    Here in the UK Yelp is pretty useless, Sport interests are different here, there is plenty of room for improvement. But overall I am very happy with Siri, and I hope that we will keep our Siri voice.
  8. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

Nov 18, 2012
    Siri is awesome. Help me out in numerous ways. Especially in the car. And she also just listed 24 Emmy winners in about a half of second
  9. Technarchy macrumors 603

May 21, 2012
    One of the things I miss most after getting a GS4 is Siri.

It will be good to have Siri again once I can locate a 32gb gold 5S
  10. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

May 15, 2013
    iOS 7 Siri is incredible. Much, much, much faster, better speech recognition, lots of new features (wiki, twitter, control settings etc. etc.), and she has a gorgeous (humanlike) new voice :)

She is definitely greatly improved, and that's why there's no longer that little beta sign next to it. :)
  11. asleep macrumors 68040

Sep 26, 2007
    Siri doesn't like people who talk bad about her to her friends. [​IMG]