Siri using wrong location for weather

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MBHockey, Sep 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Siri is confused. She thinks i'm in New York, Texas (yes, apparently that's a real place) for weather. I'm in NYC. When i ask her other things, she finds locations near my building in NYC. But weather forecasts are all messed up.

Is there any way to change this?

2. macrumors newbie

I hope there is a fix. I'm in Richmond, Va but siri thinks I'm in New Richmond, Ohio if I ask about the weather. Maps and other location specific items has me in the right place.

3. macrumors member

I have the same problem (also in NYC). She messed me up two days. I went outside earlier this week with an umbrella thinking it was going to rain. I got outside and it was clear and sunny (I keep my blinds closed so the sun isn't blaring in my eyes before I wake up in the morning).

4. macrumors newbie

Same for me. I'm in NYC and am getting Siri weather for New York, Texas. I assume this default can't be changed. Would love to hear if anyone has found a solution.

5. macrumors 6502

Same exact issue here. Glad I'm not alone.

6. macrumors 6502a

I assume this is something apple will correct relatively quickly. At least, I hope so. I doubt it would even need an iOS update, just a quick change in siri's servers.

7. macrumors newbie

Yup, same problem. New York, Texas. It actually gives me three different forecasts. One for if I ask "what's the weather outside?" One for "Brooklyn" and one for "New York City". I hope this gets fixed soon.

8. thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Bah, it's doing it on the new iPhone 5 too!

9. t47
    macrumors newbie

yep, same problem here. Siri thinks it's August again in NYC....
    actual forecast is for mid 70s. But it does say "New York City," so not sure how it might be confusing it with texas or something.

[​IMG]

10. thread starter macrumors 68040

MBHockey

When i ask "how's the weather?" and then i click the Yahoo weather widget that she brings up, it says New York, TX on the web page from yahoo

11. t47
    macrumors newbie

Yep, same here when I click the widget. I got my result by saying "weather in New York" after the result from "how's the weather" looked off.

12. t47
    macrumors newbie

And get this: when I say "weather for 11215" the widget shows Brooklyn, **Ohio**

I would have thought the zip code would straighten it out...

13. macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

Same for me. I live in Carrollton TX, but Siri gives me weather for Carrollton IN.

14. macrumors 65816

Hammie

That sucks, guys.

It gets Frederick, MD correct on both my iPad and iPhone 5.

15. macrumors newbie

I live in NYC and when I ask Siri for the weather, it always says it's in the 90s. When I click on the Yahoo icon, it loads the page up to Austin, TX.

16. macrumors regular

Siri-ously messed up

In New York City, since updating to iOS she thinks I moved to Texas not that there is anything wrong with Texas, I can't figure out a way to change the settings on the Yahoo page (click the "i") to see what I mean. Add this one to the list of the buggiest iOS version to date.

17. macrumors newbie

Yeah, when I clicked on it, it takes me to the Yahoo page and it's listed as "New York, TX". Never even knew such a place existed! iOS 6 has too many bugs, Apple seemed to have rushed it with this one.

18. macrumors 6502a

Lol, same here. I'm in Vancouver but get the weather for Toronto. It's weird because if I ask where I am, it gets that question right.

19. macrumors regular

Same for me!

20. macrumors regular

rneglia

Yeah. This is seriously wack!! Same problem here.

21. macrumors newbie

Go to the weather app and click the "I" in the bottom right-hand corner. Add your proper location, (NYC is there) and drag it to the top of the list. That should solve da probzz lmao