Sitckies not responding, computer freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mbopy22, May 9, 2006.

1. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

Nov 8, 2005

yesterday I was trying to put in practice that lates OSX tip of the week, about translucent stickies... by pressing cmd + opt + T. :p

But everytime I tried to open stickies it will start bouncing and bouncing... and then nothing and when finally the sticki appeared my whole computer got slow.. and then freeze.. until I force quited stickies...:confused:

I have Main Menu, so I ran a Disk utility deleted .DS files, and reboot my computer... and again tried... and had the same issue with stikies... :mad:

any hint???
  2. scan300 macrumors 6502

Mar 25, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    If you have another account on your Mac, log into that and see if stickies works, or create a new account. If it does, then you have a local account problem, try deleting from your library:preferences folder.

If you have the same problem on the other account, then may be there's a problem with the app, or a font. Try disabling as any fonts as you can in fontbook, to see if stickies will startup with a different font? More clues might be obtained in your console >logs >crash reporter.