Site improvement

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Dane D., Oct 24, 2006.

1. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Would it be possible if you could add the little box under main navigate bar to the bottom of the page. When I get to the bottom of a page I have to go back to the top of the page to navigate.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

So the forum jump menu isn't good enough or the link called "Top" at the very bottom of the site?

4. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, it would be nice to have that at the bottom of the page. I use that for navigation. I still using the old 'Hockey' puck mouse and am constantly grapping the slider to go back the navigation area we are discussing.

Edit: I am not a fan of pop-up menus such as there is now in the lower right hand corner. I think it is easier just to click on where I want to go, rather than slide up or down a long pop-up menu.

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The Hockey Puck, still? isn't it time for an upgrade.:eek:

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Conveniences are, well, convenient, but the flipside is that each one adds to visual clutter.

I'm surprised that we don't get more comments saying that forum pages are already too cluttered. There is quite a bit of content above and below the post area as it is.

In addition to clicking the Top link at the bottom of a page, you have the choice to press the home button on your keyboard. The worse your mouse is, the more important keyboard shortcuts become.

7. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Was just a thought, yes that would add clutter. And yes I do need to upgrade, but waiting till the new desktop have been out for a few months or next release. I like my old B/W G3, still going strong.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Buy a new mouse now and it will stay with you long after you get a new computer.

9. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any good ones to suggest. I would like a high quality mouse, that would be good with FPS games (UT GOTY) where fast movement is required. I bought an Apple Mouse a few years ago and it is not good for gaming so I went back to round ball-type mouse.

10. After G macrumors 68000

After G

You can game with the hockey puck? :eek:

But I like my MX 320 and my Apple Mighty Mouse. Though a lot of people don't seem to like the Mighty mouse because the scrollball gets stuck for them, or they can't right-click with it, etc.

Try the MM or the BT version before you buy, but I can recommend the MX 320.

11. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, it works quite well, since I am used to it after years of use. Can that MX 320 handle fast movement, seems like any optical mouse I have ever used is weak in this department. I've tired DELL, Belkin and Apple none seem to like fast movement.

12. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

13. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Before we make any more mods... we're going to move to 3.6.2, so we'll see after that upgrade takes place.

arn

14. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

enjoy the upgrade. May take a while. But the updates are well worth it, in my opinion.

15. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

16. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Some cool uprades arn, the multi-quote feature is quite nifty- thank you! :)

17. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the added navigation feature at the bottom of the thread, just right. I like it. :)