Site loads very slow or not at all

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aadje, Nov 8, 2006.

1. aadje macrumors newbie

Hi All,,

One of my favorite (dutch) internet sites I use daily for the latest tech news will not load quite well on my iMac G5. I tried the latest browsers like Firefox and Camino (and Safari off course). The load seems to take minutes but most of the time it doesn't load at all. On a XP machine with IE it pops up in seconds.
    I thought I messed up my G5 but now that my new Macbook Pro C2D machine arrived yesterday I have the same problem on this brand new one.:confused:
    The url is:
    http://tweakers.net

Will this url load on your MAC browser(s) and, if not, what do you think this problem is about.

Thank you in advance.

2. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

It loads fine here, on Windows though. I will try it on my Macintosh when I get back home.

If other sites opens fine/fast then it means the website is being updated or something.

3. gallinger macrumors regular

4. aadje thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm... looks like my BSD firewall/NAT box is causing problems with the apple browsers. When I shortcut this sun machine the problem is gone. Strange enough XP is not bothered by it.
    Must find out which line in my pf.conf packetfilter is the problem..:confused: